Saturday, June 21, 2008

k1 p2 ssk

Knitting!

Project #1: Kelly Maher's "Ribbed Lace Bolero"




Yarn: Lion Brand Cotton-Ease in "Terracotta"
Difficulty: 2 out of 10
Enjoyment: 9 out of 10

This is a really fun pattern; it is engagingly interesting and goes by quickly!  I want one in every color.  It's super-comfy and I completely recommend it.

Project #2: Lion Brand "Learn to Cable Scarf"





Yarn: Lion Brand Wool-Ease in "Citron" and "Fisherman"
Difficulty: 3 out of 10
Fun: 8 out of 10

This was one of those satisfying-to-complete projects.  I got a little bored of repeating the cable to its long scarf length but in the end, the results were worth it.  Also, I learned how to cable!  This pattern is great for first-timers in the cable department.  Originally the pattern had one half of the scarf one color and the other half another; I changed this to add the two stripes on either end.  Unfortunately because of the cable, the stripes did not end up straight but I still like it; they lend a sporty flare to a classic scarf.

Project #3: Sundance Make-Up Bag





Yarn: Lily Sugar 'n Cream Ombres & Prints in "Early American Ombre"
Difficulty: 4 out of 10
Enjoyment: 10 out of 10

I really loved this pattern.  I finished it in two days - the knit had two necessary components: a mindless section, you know, for watching tv and knitting at the same time; and then the interesting, engaging section, where you had to watch the pattern carefully as you learned new things and tried out some cool stitch tricks to create multiple looks.  Unfortunately, I used a variegated-colored yarn - along the diagonal stitches, there are tiny eyelets that get lost in the busyness.  

I am actually making another one of these in Lion Brand Cotton-Ease in "Lime" for the eyelet's sake.  I kinda enjoyed this pattern a little too much, too, but we'll just say it's for the eyelets.  

No comments: