Saturday, July 5, 2008

Montego Bay





This was basically my San Francisco scarf.  I knit a bunch of it on the plane ride in, and then about three-fourths of the way done, I planned on finishing it on the plane ride home.  I pulled out my needles ... and one of them was six inches shorter than the other!  The tip had broken off.  Too bad it was my only set of 8's, so this project is unfortunately on hiatus for now.
But as you can see, a strange thing began happening.  When i tied in skein two, so far so good until this argyle began showing up!  It went away after a few inches only to reappear inches after starting skein three!  Odd.  It doesn't bother me, since once blocked and worn you won't notice it, but it's unusual.
While in Point Reyes Station (cute organic town an hour north of San Francisco) I stopped in Black Mountain Weavers to buy some local yarn.



This first yarn is 70% mohair and 30% wool in the colorway "Victorian Garden" by Brown Sheep, called Handpaint Originals.  I don't have ideas yet, but I have 176 yards total.  Also at this store, I bought some highlighter yellow roving (no photo yet - my camera cannot capture the color correctly), and a drop spindle which I am learning to use as we speak.  I am excited to spin my first skein!

No comments: