Saturday, July 12, 2008

Progress update

The zig zag is beginning to look "on purpose"  by now.  To make this pattern easier, I am translating the chart into "p13, k17" and so forth, into my knitting notebook.  The chart, though I am a visual person, is confusing because the right and wrong sides are both displayed simultaneously and so you have to constantly refer to the key to decipher which stitch to use.  Writing it out allows for you to see the pattern and thus knit a little more mindlessly.  

I am still loving this pattern, I can't wait to finish it!  A few more updates: I want to knit a top-down raglan in black with the UC logo in the middle (not the claw, the cool looking one with the U and the C interlocking).  In addition, I have spontaneously become obsessed with Latvian intarsia mittens and will venture to make a pair now that I have the technique established.

No comments: