Friday, July 11, 2008

Ross' scarf


Here is some progress of Ross' "Striped Illusion" scarf.  Disregard the colors; they are completely off: the "blackish" looking color is really a rich, deep wine-maroon.  The cream is accurately named "Putty".  

So far, I am really enjoying knitting this scarf!  The book explains intarsia rather well (first time for me) but I'll admit there were ten minutes where I thought I'd have to scrap the pattern and make something else.  But, I figured it out, and the pattern of this is very fun to watch unfold.  The garter stitch also looks rather lovely.  

In addition, my vest is completely blocked and stitched.  All I have left to do is add the trim to the raw edging (thus explaining the curl in the photo).  I am not sure yet whether or not I will follow the trim in the pattern; I would like for it to look a little more sophisticated.

No comments: